RE: Live remotes - follow up
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Live remotes - follow up
From: "Gullikson, Brian F" <bfgullikson@unwsp.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 21:48:22 +0000
Accept-language: en-US

For ease of use for non-technical folks (in the field), Go with Comrex NX in the field and either an Access Rackmount or Bric-Link at the studio.

The downside of Bric-Link at the studio is needing to use a flash-based web config to monitor and manipulate anything.  If you get the Access Rackmount, you can hook up a monitor/mouse/keyboard directly to the unit and configure it directly.  (Steve Scarborough has a couple Comrex Access rackmounts available used right now).

I love my Telos Z/IPs but the front panel menu is not as user-friendly for a non-technical person, and requiring someone to go into a web config in the field is asking for trouble in my estimation.

We're currently using a 1st-gen Comrex Access Portable for a daily hour-long show with the host in Nashville, connected to our studios in Minneapolis, literally without so much as a hiccup in the past month.

Thanks,

Brian

Brian Gullikson, CBRE               98.5 KTIS-FM | Faith 900 KTIS

                                            Life 97.3 KDNW | Faith 90.5 KDNI

Chief Engineer                                     3003 Snelling Ave. North

KTIS, KDNW, KDNI                                       St. Paul, MN  55113

bfgullikson@unwsp.edu                        Phone:  (651) 631-5094