Re: Can you run a Nautel Xmtr at 110%?
To: crtech@crtech.org
Subject: Re: Can you run a Nautel Xmtr at 110%?
From: Terry Cowan <tcowan@knlr.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 12:06:57 -0700

Dave didn't say what class station or com or non-comm

But for commercial stations I like to run as much power as I can to 1 preserve the maximum separation from co and adjacent channel stations and 2 to keep the protected contour as large as possible for translator siting.

I have one station that is a C-2 but because of power restrictions at the site imposed by the BLM I can only run about 1/2 the power I'm entitled to run by FCC license.  That has precluded me from installing a translator at a certain location because it is slightly outside the protected contour (60dbu) and the commish wouldn't be the argument that if I were running the maximum amount of power for a C-2 the translator would qualify at the location.  They basically said that was  "your decision" to locate the primary station where you did....and it took them around 18 months to come up with that....

Terry Cowan

KNLR/KNLX