RE: Windows 7 loses Internet but not Intranet
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Windows 7 loses Internet but not Intranet
From: Mark Croom <markc@newmail.kinshipradio.org>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 20:25:50 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=newmail-kinshipradio-org.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=Qhe0y75wcocOZiae1inhrERrlUBsw/YYCISACJ7MuaQ=; b=s3/3Mm37YJVWtNJ3VQPtIzXtuqvfWLSXr0r5IsKdh8ZNJ1uCDq8Hm7ehSX8Bldb+E4 AN3GOTVfxdENTete1u+feg9t0XT18ONC3+n6Gcf4pfWyVxkZGFN0nKLs9UON641FObfS rTj5exu0Eo4zcXnTjV/f8EwdnJNSp3WYxIsOyToAXYVjDztNeclehYOtZqqBbAdpQ6wH SoYetoRt8/1TKKIm1yMMEUmaw/nvVqv3ruv9UECBJlXih26i2pIY3pUB+flUZdrPtqN7 FSLfSnplHbuj3wNAiGN35eoyfkhLZnMwTfD1aIsZHHe/2egQB7NLJQyhhZdRwJKooOp0 FTNQ==
Seems like that might be a thing, but I think the fact that you have internal access when you lose internet might lead me to think that's not the whole issue.

Make sure your DNS settings are valid. If you're having issues with auto configured DNS or your ISPs DNS, you might consider changing over to Google's public DNS, at least temporarily.

So you might try 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in place of what else you may be using.

I also think that the idea of resetting the TCP/IP stack isn't a bad idea, though again I think most of the issues that would fix would probably affect all network destinations, not just external ones.

Could you please let us know how you make out?

Thanks

Mark