RE: TFT 5290 STL Transmitter
To: "CRTech" <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: TFT 5290 STL Transmitter
From: "Bill Hurne" <billhurne@pilgrimradio.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2018 09:10:18 -0700

John,

The received signal at the transmitter site seems steady.  I think the power fluctuation is a metering issue in the transmitter.    Haven’t had time to investigate, too much else going on.   We have a couple working Mosely PCL606 units which are old back-ups.   The TFT was new and supposed to be more reliable, but I think the old Moselys may actually be more reliable, they are built much better.

The TFT has an encapsulated RF output module designed for mobile two-way systems at 800 – 900 Mhz.   Requires cooling fans on the heat sink.

Bill