Re: TIE LINE AND COMREX COMPATIBILITY
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: TIE LINE AND COMREX COMPATIBILITY
From: Dan Hatfield <dan@refugeradio.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 15:13:48 -0500
that is very helpful, thank you for the info!
Dan

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 2:09 PM, <nathaniel.steele@icloud.com> wrote:

I asked a similar question, the answer is Yes I believe for comrex. Below the response, note that I sked about “Calling in” to  a telos VX.

“Short answer: If the receiving codec is set to answer a SIP call, we have codec interoperability utilizing the SIP Standard.  I'll detail further below, but I do not have any information on the specific codec you've specified.

You can make IP connections to other manufacturer’s codecs if the SIP protocol is used on both ends and the codec you are connecting to is EBU N/ACIP Tech 3326 compliant. The following parameters will need to be set on both codecs. Try the following setting, once connected; you can try other settings as desired.

Profile     mono

Bit rate   64k

Algorithm   G.722

Session port  5060 TCP

Audio port    5004 UDP

Below are links to information about compatibility to other manufacturer’s codecs using SIP and ISDN for the G5 family of codecs including the Merlin and Genie codecs as well as the G3 family of codecs.

G5 Codecs: IP (SIP) and ISDN Codec Compatibility (1.31 MB pdf)  http://www.tieline.com/files/files/1285_Tieline_G5_IP_and_ISDN_compatibility_v.1.1_20170104.pdf

G3 Codec Interoperability with other codec manufacturers (5.46 MB pdf) http://www.tieline.com/files/files/949_Tieline_G3_Compatibility_v1.0.pdf

-Bryan”