Re: TIE LINE AND COMREX COMPATIBILITY
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: TIE LINE AND COMREX COMPATIBILITY
From: Pat Wahl <pwahl@wwib.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 14:12:12 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=wwib-com.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=yffnwztzd5T4H8S/hk3Qh+fU4vue8wr3VxsO6NMCY1Y=; b=hoQ0X9/Tcw6lAeRvO3lCZvFf0I4wkrx2yZbJYpyOcM3bYUvMNHeLC/afH+x68CqSf0 LmTiC+t0k4pAuJSzDHXhcSpylEmV+NEp/zcMOKHoJgtF6yExy21+jirNyJumat06GCSB lXPPbj0BwtajtvoL+m0o5nmPcBYlTPgXCe14mvv4PhG/1hSc/uJi9JjHG3NQhZV072im SZQKqAQbDuZOsEk/CyEmVc1Q3QrxPupXHe8B9mQPEFeqgRxhAHEBH4gGi0eys5ZK5Z2Q MnOqHASoABPzbBffvnjAGcwx41KIOPTXOydJlodBI+H58JnVvC6U0gpVGAtLIiAQeFdI zwxw==
The ViA will work with earlier Tieline codecs, like the Commander. I'm
not sure if you could get one used or maybe new from Tieline at a
price point that works. Compared with the Commander, the Merlin has a
faster failover time from the ViA and is scaled for multiple users,
but it is quite expensive. We were fortunate as a Tieline customer to
have the Commander rack unit already in place at the studio. I'd be
interested to hear if there is a standards effort that would make
cross connections possible.

Pat Wahl
Chippewa Falls, WI

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 1:37 PM, Dan Hatfield <dan@refugeradio.com> wrote:
> We have 2 Comrex / Brics at our Studio and use a Comrex Access for an
> occasional remote. ( the Access is the older unit with the small screen and
> stylus).
>
> we have been considering purchasing a second Comrex Access and I saw the new
> Access NX ( newest Version) at NAB. I like this unit much better but I also
> looked at the TIE LINE VIA. WOW!
>
> I really Like the Tie Line features much better for what we have planned
> however I cannot afford to purchase the Tie line Merlin that goes with it.
>
> Does anyone know is there any possible way a Tie Line can Communicate with a
> ( Comrex)  Bric. I realize these are competing companies and no one would
> support it, But I need to decide which of these units I'm going to purchase
> soon.
>
> Dan Hatfield
> Refuge Radio
> WJRF Duluth, MN
> KRFG Nashwauk/Hibbing
> KRGM Marshall/ Sioux falls
Follow-Ups: Re: TIE LINE AND COMREX COMPATIBILITY
(Nathaniel Steele <nathaniel.steele@icloud.com>, 30 Apr 2018 19:27:23 -0000)