RE: TIE LINE AND COMREX COMPATIBILITY
To: 'CRTech' <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: TIE LINE AND COMREX COMPATIBILITY
From: nathaniel.steele@icloud.com
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 14:09:16 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=icloud.com; s=04042017; t=1525115362; bh=HhkAsA7G8hWc7KrjcWqXJZL/5NVgLfSEN6bl8Zg2/b8=; h=From:To:Subject:Date:Message-id:MIME-version:Content-type; b=FkPxuycdU7girWULSULEyNmlxC0zYMfxGAHwvDT/h3RZtehySriLvRstdfmNEUMfk zLuNfJ6qUHdomrSo1tYp0rAq0kXUxcHghv0z2p1p71MLcLs5Ho6YSHGnsjcbMJSjpz ZweIPJADQspTI9BF+UiMGrVjb1sVp+XJXAziqrd/mF2SgBpx5m943nkPdU8lZJABtJ FTh3x3ra3sVt1d6o9B9R5l2CtK3mcDGI5o/RcLruoZuIzNU4Uj0r5t7yI8BKxsVrhR xySQzx3CgNToiwixU992Opu12a+Rfe0wj3WFcq59n+/MouBnQsivEeFRHBdSwiw1M5 ErbZ+HfnLJN1Q==

I asked a similar question, the answer is Yes I believe for comrex. Below the response, note that I sked about “Calling in” to  a telos VX.

“Short answer: If the receiving codec is set to answer a SIP call, we have codec interoperability utilizing the SIP Standard.  I'll detail further below, but I do not have any information on the specific codec you've specified.

You can make IP connections to other manufacturer’s codecs if the SIP protocol is used on both ends and the codec you are connecting to is EBU N/ACIP Tech 3326 compliant. The following parameters will need to be set on both codecs. Try the following setting, once connected; you can try other settings as desired.

Profile     mono

Bit rate   64k

Algorithm   G.722

Session port  5060 TCP

Audio port    5004 UDP

Below are links to information about compatibility to other manufacturer’s codecs using SIP and ISDN for the G5 family of codecs including the Merlin and Genie codecs as well as the G3 family of codecs.

G5 Codecs: IP (SIP) and ISDN Codec Compatibility (1.31 MB pdf)  http://www.tieline.com/files/files/1285_Tieline_G5_IP_and_ISDN_compatibility_v.1.1_20170104.pdf

G3 Codec Interoperability with other codec manufacturers (5.46 MB pdf) http://www.tieline.com/files/files/949_Tieline_G3_Compatibility_v1.0.pdf

-Bryan”