Remote Broadcasts
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Remote Broadcasts
From: Tim Madeira <Tim@wrgn.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 19:18:52 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:sender:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=Qcj1AsJtzzBqzY855xABIDPBLGjbVMjp9o0zhmf/vHs=; b=hebNFKq1YroY9wVygesZetbUWwiPnrNj2I03vPDgoeSSMXfirEpWptFUuPDGMxsmOq oAZ0Veq42Zjp4vkMfYCktAe9OLKX8NqiQq961/1dlwkjDnw637MPkQ+xHAXboYS0+weC mPX7w4/5g5yEIJLJqzeCQNB1Th91YKRsylw8o0zoLjx9bzp56/6EkUr4ntVWL7W8U3g6 FDv8jst7SCFzid2yqxEgzi61g+v53NsOPRUDyPW/YDv13rk0uLt0tE1YpUUYBi/BWxId OHgc4xqn1Ibk36+PTl/83NVlnMK0uWWd+d5543isw4SPg6YIiL450wsThjjUdkm1nqWF ogBg==
Rick,

We always have someone in the studio when we do remotes. (it IS possible to do it without, but complicated...and somewhat nerve racking!)

We have done (and will do next month) a live broadcast of an hour long National Day of Prayer event)
We used:
1. A laptop running Source Connect Now https://now.source-elements.com/#!/  FREE!
2. A Blue Icicle connected to the venue board line level out.  http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Microphones-Icicle-Converter-Preamp/dp/B001EW5YQS (under $50)
3. Other end of Blue Icicle into USB on laptop.
4. Laptop running on hotspot from my android phone (hour long program used less that 1 gig of data.)

The audio quality was so good that we were even able to run music from the venue...something we could never do before because of the audio compression in Skype.

We have also done remotes using a Yeti Mic (USB) instead of the Blue Icicle connected to a board. Because the Yeti has dual capsules, I have even done interviews this way with both people face to face on one mic (just make sure your breath, or more important your interviewees breath, is fresh!)

This works amazingly well and can be done by one person with minimal training. (do you know how to use a web browser? Yes? Ok, your good to go!) Alright, slightly more complicated than that, but not much!

Tim

Tim Madeira
General Manager
WRGN/WIVH