Re: Remote Broadcasts
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Remote Broadcasts
From: Mark Croom <markc@newmail.kinshipradio.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 10:57:05 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=newmail-kinshipradio-org.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=LOEuAr14LeaUmubFPAQuKl7yxu/NcpQPsby0f9qbyrA=; b=IoAhumPTjJ/uk74bhED+iORzy0KNegaE7nxt3ckclk7xTMGri83amWA2zSeLuJjWi/ +VxdXNFsjDVsU94t9VF/WmBBMPyyhAwOaoxvdjySLSIOoOMSKsZXvDYn4LXwuH87d85G 90REDa6j2If0tQiTADPoK0kE3NSj+OlwZ7cTRxQ1RjVqw1JVuzKjoyPb+jnXInz+MKjN F6eLpeUV9lRsR/j4WBHf/eO1Pj7cuy33+tr1TU3Yr9aRxgVYiW3DWm5iVwMW8ZsOrGoM PkrXbUD+/rkaN3xPy5+CDV0mhYwj9ekscCmxT8uNiGbFpH5obsfO9B4dVshwSXUzGAqy Rudw==
Hi Rick,

I'm kind of in agreement with Kevin here -- we have a couple of stations that have been automating remotes for years, and the talent has to demonstrate aptitude for the technology in order to get hired. I've got one station that uses Barix remotely and has a telephone backup using the CircuitWerkes coupler with relays so they can control the automation with that. These guys take a Chromebook into the field and connect to the automation using VNC over the same MiFi that they use for the Barix. When it's State Tournament time and there's not bandwidth, they use the phone and the CircuitWerkes and normally that's enough.

Other stations find it best to just have a board op as insurance. I'm kind of thinking that's the best route for just about every station in our group anyway, but we've got a couple who take great pride in their independence.

Mark
MN