Re: Remote Broadcasts
To: crtech@crtech.org
Subject: Re: Remote Broadcasts
From: Terry Cowan <tcowan@knlr.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 08:55:01 -0700

Rick,

I go out and set up the remote.  We are using Marti RPU equipment so it takes a little more know-how.  We have on occasion used a Barix encoder over internet.  We have also done remotes using 3 "Marti" hops and of course we pre-test to make sure every repeater is working.

We use a computer at the remote site to control the studio automation.  Remote site can change, add, delete songs, start, stop etc.  Audio is played from the studio computer...remote is just control.  Remote computer turns remote mic on/off at the studio.  Remote computer connects either via internet or dial-up phone line.

Terry Cowan

KNLR/KNLX