RE: NAB attendees, Antenna and transmitter?
To: "'CRTech'" <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: NAB attendees, Antenna and transmitter?
From: "Ron Huckeby" <huckebyrj@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 14:37:00 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=from:to:references:in-reply-to:subject:date:message-id:mime-version :thread-index:content-language; bh=sIOraiCkUJO0PWXmfNoYGhYKCmr6TCY1O5K9uzJjQSM=; b=fx5tYrAOaEueL7uxdiyIsrqYwtYOSfN8naZdFyEO0DFeiz2HT95tUAA3Ddpgwrb0hy 8UfhzOmF61JAH/lgX28Flyaj7QtDb34VquiLH8j8WuQWo2nEQuQx1z3pLn9rozAZbsIX PKWIBnZIfvlMQR1yE7Cib/7QNhr5SLQIEQ9k1Df+nVPGU48mwtRgtpfTm9Ob/6BHe68V CK0FOxfMYkMp0vXsAKdExpgpxYodWDCCnzgKYm4V6XyzcG4aI+VLkiIs8B2BG/uraWW9 Lm1EY6o+/Z7pdNUEaBcVeotOBZdpGSefpYh9cbVPjO4t6eGtkfyGexXSU9w7ta/97vYo NIRA==

Nautel is a great box. I have several myself.

The caveat to Nautel’s AUI (Advanced User Interface) is that it is Adobe Flash based. To view it on an Android mobile device, you need the Puffin browser or something similar. Flash makes the cool displays work, but it will eat data if the browser window is left open.

Nautel is almost ready to release the AUI Companion to run on your mobile device. It uses SNMP hooks to get its data, so it is limited in abilities.

The new AUI2 that is HTML5 based won’t be out for at least a year per Nautel. And we all know what that means….wink wink.

All of this from the NUG at the NAB Show last Sunday morning.

One further note for those who have a budget crunch. Nicom has a new design for their transmitter which is a two piece main board which includes a web server interface. They are using the latest technology devices in their RF amps. I have several 11 year old low power Nicoms that have only needed fans or power supplies (Meanwell from your favorite vendor) or 5 caps on the mother board for the minus 12 supply. So, anyhow, if price point is your first criteria, they are worth a look, IMHO.

Happy Friday. Glad to be home, but the snow can go.

Ron Huckeby, CBRE

Broadcast Engineer

Butte, Montana

406.491.4998