Re: crtech Digest 10 Apr 2018 03:04:49 -0000 Issue 15336
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: crtech Digest 10 Apr 2018 03:04:49 -0000 Issue 15336
From: Tim Madeira <Tim@wrgn.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 17:55:19 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id :subject:to; bh=1asY2YFbQCGWtsV4NKeVN0LZ48MilWmo425sHYBLvV0=; b=p/wgdXYu9S+H5m0nCUmmMoviAZ6AduknzlPCTabRDN7GWyLE/kc+ZACrILKXAgJmiq mgrotYIsxBHKVpXOqBURPiGPLbCS31NWsdxvcC4XeSExuaFu11jcCbgF7i9RI/qI6Wf0 Tn8K6EcGgUq1r3BuTNoj++PGzoBlaAzbOEbQZgjnWknqvnezwKy+v0eKxuBSoOzMhneX Jbl9BhRbX+VUa7vG+xWIhuz6iYtiwCZCoYw5s8AhrFRRlAldWsM5YyrUIcEcMCewZHJo PWDSe3TwNbfoywk519XJxIgaJmo+TRy+tWKIlgz1RVj9jPscfLsYHneF7NGxIcdi8QO2 NyFw==
Thanks for the feedback so far! I have expanded my options based on both on and off list recommendations. I should have mentioned we are a 1.4kW ERP station, currently feeding audio over IP using Barix units because of damage to our satellite dish, and we are looking at 4 bay antennas to reduce power consumption since it's 4-5 X more per kilowatt hour on the island.

We may have to continue to feed audio over IP for a while, due to the situation. The Barix is pretty reliable, but I have noticed sounds a little "thin" over the air.

Appreciate all your input!

Tim

Tim Madeira
General Manager

2457 SR 118
Hunlock Creek, PA 18621
570-477-3688

www.wrgn.com

crtech Digest 10 Apr 2018 03:04:49 -0000 Issue 15336

Topics (messages 86134 through 86136):

Re: NAB attendees, Antenna and transmitter?
        86134 by: Bill Hurne
        86135 by: Kevin Kidd
        86136 by: Mark Croom

Administrivia: