Re: NAB attendees, Antenna and transmitter?
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: NAB attendees, Antenna and transmitter?
From: Kevin Kidd <kkbroadcastengineering@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 18:44:05 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=8pylaM21xJPMdc3sS2XZ+57M+a+grLAiZQQSTEgk6vo=; b=GTuowZskidLwB7LBd0OyN7QMKod3sIxGDIkkKRbx1zadVAVK433aQe3TJcYPk0UFH0 whuzD9mZK4RcLnl0IsoGGjlTeTQJQ/joP9VjJdEIgmOXeueqgSM63RTAhEO1Av3zek2S mofnlgb5t4lN3NZhrUDYiAkKQivTob9c6Bn7YCnxiyG/M5Z1c3at5flLy3XoqG8HnG7t xoMYGLB/vOQTEVnr/xV0MDbYMl2VV8UmG6XOZkdNIr7Evs7luxmRa5KGf/UXRK4ZFKec CbDkk6kqLUbzRhZd1aSj1bAnRYDJi9F06XSZC1Uzdrxw9ewxKBjIX/5g3qYhsdR3a7ad xMWw==
Tim,

I installed a 4 bay Versa2une and was very pleasantly surprised with it's performance.  The VSWR isn't as good as I would have liked for it to be (about 1.22:1) but it exceed our coverage expectations.  We were going to reschedule the tower crew to sweep and re-tune the antenna but have decided to leave it as is due to the good coverage and low multi-path.

Transmitters:
BW Broadcast makes good lower cost transmitters with a web interface.  I am a fan of Nautel but they are certainly more costly.  There was an Italian company called RFE sharing the Continental booth that had a couple of pretty nice looking units.  One displayed is about 6 rack units for 5kw out.

How much power and antenna do you need?

Regards,

Kevin C. Kidd, CSRE/AMD
Lawrenceburg, TN