RE: SEMI-TECH: Luddite-Tech ;)
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: SEMI-TECH: Luddite-Tech ;)
From: Jon Foreman <Jon@ksgn.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 17:12:01 +0000

If I recall correctly, a Northstar computer with an S-100 bus was our office computer when I first started at KSGN in the early 80s. I used it some in the office a bit, but my “major” use was to help port data from it to our new IBM AT via RS-232. That Northstar had a hard drive that was almost as loud as a vacuum cleaner. And that hard drive was in a case larger than the IBM AT case.

I learned BASIC on a TRS-80 my senior year in high school. No computer classes yet. We just learned on our own—The best kind of learning.

Jon