Re: What do you recommend for FM transmitter antennas?
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: What do you recommend for FM transmitter antennas?
From: Pat Wahl <pwahl@wwib.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2018 12:17:48 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=wwib-com.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=k7HGhE6vz2QuDZ3UhUWsZqwqMbrIg3NNIWelrDUYFj4=; b=iV1bZrofQXacPt4FFKaZRl2FC8TS9HRrfo3UpDMXCj5s4Q5H6KNibDdnBUf+vJeWww CY0bUYy/WvLwSGMgiUYFSZOOzSk5QOHsquRJAmLi+qcRCNd4qoZo8WUIqG1xyRKT6Axx YvLMcXqaluKASqJZNNHiyTdqt9Tz310AxC04trWMPld9xZftcvJ/KgGpPxRuEHNFylif wDc9APNzRHKL+pF8Bm3rSk2ql+HnRLrKPntTyNDpmg6UdMvzOGIRHO/21X3nmUa2ck/K ClvmEdYApBFdZ0ad5rLjdgHAKskdREVkBkN0sbnl6tietaTD0LJ5ouYKyn8xUCiWZAgk RcIg==
Lots of good brands out there. We use ERI and Shively. Lately, we have
been installing the "Versa2une" by Shively. Comes in a kit, quality
heavy stainless, easy to put together and you tune it yourself to any
frequency without expensive test gear. That way, the antenna can be
re-utilized in the future without major cutting at the factory. Our
coverage experience from this antenna has been phenomenal. We have
used both single and 2-bay configurations.

Pat Wahl
Chippewa Falls, WI

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 11:26 AM, Dave Land <dave@klvv.com> wrote:
> We're looking at putting in a new FM station soon. I'm wondering what folks
> prefer for transmit antennas on a budget! This will be a 6,000 ERP station
> with about 4,000 TPO so a 4 bay antenna. We're looking at - BEXT,
> Dielectric, ERI, Jampro, Nicom, PSI, Shively, & SWR. Which do you prefer and
> why?
> Thanks,
> Dave Land
> Chief Engineer
> The Love Station, inc.
> KLVV, KJTH, KGVV, KTHF, KTHL, KZTH, KXTH

Follow-Ups: Re: What do you recommend for FM transmitter antennas?
(Kevin Kidd <kkbroadcastengineering@gmail.com>, 3 Apr 2018 20:57:25 -0000)
Re: What do you recommend for FM transmitter antennas?
(Andy Larsen <andy@whwl.net>, 4 Apr 2018 12:54:51 -0000)