Re: FM receiver modules?
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: FM receiver modules?
From: Nathaniel Steele <nathaniel.steele@icloud.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2018 14:20:00 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=icloud.com; s=04042017; t=1522696805; bh=as6hWGmYPmW/LRX1TkthjucBY7PlzAECGlMAAmDhbcw=; h=From:To:Date:Message-id:Subject:MIME-version:Content-type; b=AQRmlFzpkwVnMdD9TuquYJKwG72kM+8uYAwVuG9OqY9HsZjPlnEHWvzRYJKcsMnPe 2ujymHYav7oFb7u/tv3iVhSe1n4pEgeJ+TeIkEudTpXLpnW7tftGQOnslFXhdYA43G bhwS6oaJOYcvoOSBS4MxCIPzPkbafhw9VwcETroduDtVqtrT95OEQGWV11MtfhhzW0 WwB3RcviYjyheYXkQ+70m8W7eG/RPV5V4areWR4rzyCQiWvbIR8eADMtv2ZdoZVLqz lRnzY32ZbpTWwd1PHOSwRX6MH1/dGKJuOV/fv5kC1yxR45L1SxnLt2nSadchz00gTa I1W5EoPby68tA==
I have used both the pira 175 (older version of the 275) no real difference afaik, andthe rtl-sdr dongle on my phone via usb-otg.

For a quick check i like the rtl sdr. Its faster to use and looks pretier and gives a quick view of the spectrum.
For actual measurements the pira would be my choice (out of the two) the pira also has a nice software package but it is windows only.

I seemed to get faster rds decoding with the sdr and also seems to work better with low signal like translators. The pira ui sucks on the box. Netter with the software but not as grab n go....