Re: FM receiver modules?
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: FM receiver modules?
From: Kevin Kidd <kkbroadcastengineering@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2018 13:17:03 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=VOxogTIYU6cYXEGqDzAo4I+EbqQMTY2G2XEqJYerwiw=; b=cJdjDSMckc2hMGfRuh2hLwyafELjywT9H//ajw8Joz2Sevncff4X3jGlWbhpG2oxzB OGPrIWkDPQKosJhEohTCSA9JWWiXjeMGy9CB4LKod9GsV1OC5QVNK+ju7++6biwdHvpj 6ZxBRKe9am04uOL/+b9wZeOnLlexdMBhJJsTYgE33jk/7Zdr0fukkSaYVgZgHODKnqRY ZUUV6oAVK4i25hSC2YkJaoyJkP+IxcQhfd/b67mDkPv9pP9F6wJIbgSe1DOEeLGhkb2U i/9xXl4R/crEwmq/yliMijAb7NRhVXZhNktwazQ0eMEvs/1Pmo2/SU7SaXqwTHqiZLe2 rKFw==
I have a 275 and love it.  It compares very, very close to my Inovonics monitor modulation measurements but wouldn't really want to use it to try to squeeze out every single % of mod in a competitive situation.  Of course the FIM function is relative but I was easily able to prove that an interfering translator to one of my Class A clients was running an omni antenna where they should have been on a Scala yagi.

Willie, I don't know of a cheaper receiver that will give a reasonably repeatable sig strength measurement (other than a few LED's) than the 275 other than maybe an SDR RX & software.  Those can be had for less than $20.

Later,

Kevin C. Kidd, CSRE/AMD
Lawrenceburg, TN
AM Ground Systems Company  -  WD4RAT