RE: SEMI TECH: "Windifying" LINUX
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: SEMI TECH: "Windifying" LINUX
From: Jack Epperson <Jack.Epperson@alphamediausa.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 14:44:32 +0000
An observation: Lots of folks want to slam M$ for not 'fixing issues', 'bloated' code, being stale and not keeping up with current styles or removing existing favorite features etc. Yet it is this very complaint from Linux users that drove M$ to try to keep the 'look and feel' consistent from version to version for Windoze users. And oh the howls of protest and curses  from whatever changes were in fact made!! But M$'s accommodation to this idea of minimizing changes in their 'upgrades and version changes' is what caused a lot of the 'problems' due to bolting new features over the top of old code and features without creating too much change in function, look and process. So when I hear that Linux needs to be a lot more like Windoze, I just shake my head and think, be careful what you ask for.

Jack Epperson
Chief Engineer
Alpha Media- Aurora, IL
Matrix Broadcasting- Crystal Lake, IL