I Can Only Imagine Promo
To: crtech@crtech.org
Subject: I Can Only Imagine Promo
From: Jim McDermott <jim@spiritfm.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 13:26:40 -0500
Just a note to balance the conversation, I listened to the spot and truthfully there is nothing in it that goes against the underwriting regulations. It simply tells you what the movie is about, includes some soundbites and tells where to get more information. There are many non-commercial stations, especially PBS stations, that air these kind of announcements every day. I could see how Focus on the Family would think that this is a good production to promote. While many of you may have stricter standards for underwriting, and you do not want to air announcements that sounds like commercials,  I do not think anyone would be risking a fine by playing this announcement on the air.

--
Jim McDermott
President, Lake Area Educ Broadcasting

Lake of the Ozarks, MO