Re: Daylight Savings Time [ot]
To: crtech@crtech.org
Subject: Re: Daylight Savings Time [ot]
From: Andy Larsen <andy@whwl.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 12:34:36 -0400
I also got a 6 AM call. Well, actually 5 AM. I do all our DST switching manually for the automation computer. (The rest of the machines Windows takes care of.) We just put in a new automation computer, and I had it all set up. Turned off Internet time and had it syncing hourly with the sat receiver. I found out sunday morning that I forgot one little detail--I've been doing this for years, but neglected to un-check the box for Windows to adjust for DST. So the automation adjusted it, then Windows adjusted it. We came to a standstill at 5 AM because the computer thought it was 6 and was waiting for operator intervention. Got it taken care of now though. :)