Re: Daylight Savings Time [ot]
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Daylight Savings Time [ot]
From: Willie Barnett <wbradiolists@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 11:59:29 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=lFDmuW40O5hAAg35gGLyop20hTFSRe0CVEwbFhhdENs=; b=ZtSL9TVpNuPlROENLNfRSQYjIyzOCLwQtOUtmARjVgVvQJKroJgBVd0dGN33eXFRoi JNDrv7dUCkErWcXdfK8agz7pOfQkNoE6pLLEGm9I/hPXfScPxfDDHzbr/ZVoED/7TZfX F2UEjxrE5M3REgSBV/ajaRn/d9LHAJX8JnILP/7GU5HE1bsECJdLzv30bRTYb6QXJiST LmMDqa+fE9YNXcgmCylLCgjZjYQeTEBfzSjOV50eOj/rVmVUBGorPT53pa8PbWY73OWN /uwTZTH2e8qR0PAcsY12O89c8q50+i2y6TVWcQe9l9tck76IZPNqNvlpT6UZrkwB8igu m4Jw==
With the time-change, high-power time gets pushed back because of the actual sunrise time. Was his transmitter set up with a remote control system and a macro, to come on at low power?

I remember when they first changed the date from the 1'st Sunday of April to mid-March, and it really interfered with the early morning show that I used to host on WFIF. :( Instead of signing on at 5kw, we had to sign on with only 290 watts! The skywave from then-WTOP simply clobbered us at that low power. (It was a problem even at full power, some mornings!) Over the years, I took many listeners calls asking about it, and lamenting that they couldn't even hear it. :(

Staying with DST all year round would pose a problem for Daytimers, because winter sunrise would then be about 8:15AM! I know that there are other Daytimers with powerful co-channel stations that would absolutely clobber them, also.

Then you also have the problem of sending kids to school in the dark... so I suspect we will be stuck with the time-changes until the Rapture! ;)

Willie...