RE: Online Backup? Which one?
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Online Backup? Which one?
From: Mike Price <mprice@srnradio.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 15:16:02 +0000
Accept-language: en-US

Backups that are not tested are not backups!

I found out the hard way when our automation file server lost its raid controller.  There was a backup file server, but many of the critical files were never copied over with the supplied backup program.  I ended up pulling the hard drives from the failed server and putting then into the backup server.

Always test that your backups actually work.

Cheers,

Mike Price