Re: Re: Online Public File - LPFM's too?
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Re: Online Public File - LPFM's too?
From: Kevin Kidd <kkbroadcastengineering@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 09:19:31 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=x5XaPYOLCYF2jH1BtyYAiF8Do68QUMq4h4ydAwxOHLI=; b=oNTE+44eDc5J8LObJWMEtXYMFkjm9tZFuGZQ7vjHMqjWjb8FNVALwudixFULt/HHDU 4hqx0MjVPaYXdmzj+Ybfz+lDEW7gr6DhDMyN9o+JjpnISwdDxTMVe46sHSN5hxsQNS3s aOI0tyNC+KCWhEaQgNxt6qox9nhohkK9GyF7DuZngHRnxLgX3v9pwcE2LuqfvGTF4Fgm lA69cYptG5glEe1eoMUHWUkO9TM6iVHZiNpxOHu3VU96HDLoTajgIA0lH3nxsAite2Yd /Qv/agj/4h7Bu8vGCNpPGog+lxqjm+QgqK5nL0faXgcfIkGphTe4cEXpj3rrtolYJWtR 9DYQ==
Alan,

I'm not sure that I am understanding your question/statement.  The political file IS required to be uploaded going forward but the old political stuff does not have to be uploaded now.  It does have to be maintained in paper form until everything ages out at 2 years old.

If I recall the story correctly, the requirement to upload old political file materials was removed due to the short retention time and in fear that lots of sensitive financial information would get published in the reams of paper that are some big station political files.

On the LPFM Political File front...  Are LPFM's not exempt "Reasonable Access" rules like NCEs are?  I know that If I were an LPFM (or any other non-comm for that matter), I would be scared to death to see a  politician walk in the door...  It appears to me to be a very, very thin line between right and wrong in the NCE political underwriting world.

Later,

Kevin C. Kidd, CSRE/AMD
Lawrenceburg, TN
AM Ground Systems Company  -  WD4RAT