Re: Occasional "burps" on U4K?
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Occasional "burps" on U4K?
From: Mike Shane <mshane@salemomaha.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 02:06:22 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Check power supply on U4K.

Mike Shane
Omaha

On Feb 19, 2018, at 17:28, Michael Barnes <barnmichael@gmail.com> wrote:

Also, remember that Eb/No is a calculation of several values over time and runs a bit behind actual events. Transient events will not be reflected in any Eb/No reading. As I haven't seen a U4K in almost two years, I don't remember specifically what the red LED is for, but I suspect it might be indicating a brief unlock in decoding the data stream. This could be caused by an RF disruption or something failing in the receiver. Considering the age of the U4K (~20 years?) there could be any number of possibilities. Might I suggest starting to look for a Unity 4600 or newer receiver?

Michael