Re: Wave File Normalization Software
To: crtech@crtech.org
Subject: Re: Wave File Normalization Software
From: Andy Larsen <andy@whwl.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 10:08:06 -0500

I have done a similar script to normalize programming with Audition. What I am actually using now is a normalize exe file that runs stand-alone in a CMD window. It might be the same one Tim has. It does a pretty good job, though (as with any normalize) there are issues with certain programs that have a high amount of compression to begin with. I actually run it as a scheduled task daily to normalize programming.

The other thing I ran into is that it seemed to have issues normalizing a folder if stuff in that folder was currently in use. I got around this by running it on my programming during a music segment. It takes some experimenting, but you can test with a single file and look at the results, then use wildcards to normalize a whole folder.

The other nice thing about this one is that you can set a limit--it will scan the file and if it's within 2 dB for example, it will abort the normalize on that file, saving a lot of time for files that are already close.

https://neon1.net/prog/normalizer.html