RE: Wave File Normalization Software
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Wave File Normalization Software
From: Mike Shane <mshane@salemomaha.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 02:20:06 +0000
Accept-language: en-US

Adobe Audition can do a batch Dynamics Processing routine.  If you call a script, you can write that script to do more than one thing on a pass.  For example, you could generate a script that first hard limits all files at some nominal level like -1 or -3 dBfs, then normalize to some pre-determined level.  The trick is to get the settings in the hard limiter right so they actually work the way you want them to.

I have a script that I use regularly for punching up peaky audio.  It first normalizes to level the “playing field” then it does a compression routine, and then normalizes again after the compression routine.  I don’t think you want this particular script but I could post it or otherwise send it to you for a baseline, perhaps, to then write your own.

Mike Shane

Salem Media Group Omaha