Re: Program information
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>, Laverne Siemens <lsiemens@goldenwestradio.com>
Subject: Re: Program information
From: dave allen <crtech-mail@reyware.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 12:46:06 -0700
an interesting idea. we (ambos) chose to put the ministry in the artist field as we were thinking more of the stations than the listeners, RDS being virtually unheard of at the time. we can consider a change in viewpoint, tho it would be a lot of change for a lot of ministries. your best bet will be software like MagicRDS that puts in just what you want. we could also consider having the UI change the cartchunk data as it transfers files, tho the preference would be to have the other software do it. there are other fields in the cartchunk that could be used for the 'real artist' info, so a stn would just have to check a box like 'use the friendly artist info' and the UI would copy the alternate field into the artist field, replacing the ministry. that way the stn would not have to build their own database for what to put in the artist field. just thinking out loud here (and hopefully not out of turn as there are others involved :-).

what do you do for the artist for Adventures in Odyssey? Whit Whittaker? hmmm.

dave allen