RE: Program information
To: "'CRTech'" <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Program information
From: "Bill Hurne" <billhurne@pilgrimradio.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 09:39:04 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=pilgrimradio.com; s=default; h=Content-Type:MIME-Version:Message-ID:Date: Subject:In-Reply-To:References:To:From:Sender:Reply-To:Cc: Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-ID:Content-Description:Resent-Date: Resent-From:Resent-Sender:Resent-To:Resent-Cc:Resent-Message-ID:List-Id: List-Help:List-Unsubscribe:List-Subscribe:List-Post:List-Owner:List-Archive; bh=VRxpy+BPvJ2CpEmCe7nZPbCPiobVX4dYu8Lp5YG0zRU=; b=truGp80GHJGdgZwMDCiOBGWm2 oltiwbiQp2mXMKqNszjUdcmsNE3D7hI/KptWOEY5ySjjfejoleBFKU8Ud3emSuRTk6+ZR0YgDfMWj dwGFrqgzFgxwT5boTlS/IC9BdDTSLAsVfNcbQB/uiIHgWgs2w5SX2JAyCgTl6heHTaQTs=;

MagicRDS has a caveat you should consider, for radio text it outputs RT= prefix which is what their encoders look for, not the more common TEXT=.    But, if you have a Pira encoder, you can make it output TEXT= by first establishing a connection to the Pira encoder.   This is one way they keep the software free.   Pira encoders respond to both RT= and TEXT= prefixes the same.

Bill