RE: Ubiquiti ethernet radios
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Ubiquiti ethernet radios
From: Jon Foreman <Jon@ksgn.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 17:27:14 +0000

We have a set between studio and transmitter, about nine miles. Model Rocket M5. It was in place when I arrived here 2.5 years ago for general network connection. I have since added off site data backup,  audio link backup using Barix Instreamer/Exstreamer office phone and an ATA for our Burk. (Yes. I fired Frontier for the land line since they were so unreliable.) I was having a bit of trouble with reliability where it had to be rebooted at times. I have the transmitter end on a timer that reboots it each day around 2 am. With that it has been very reliable.

The throughput is at least 55 Mbps. When I do an internet speed test it comes up the same as in the office.

Jon Foreman
Chief Engineer/IT Manager
jon@ksgn.com
909-583-2136