RE: Audio Monitoring?
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Audio Monitoring?
From: "Murphey, Derek" <drmurphey@unwsp.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 16:06:28 +0000
Accept-language: en-US

What I’m doing for our icecast connection is using UptimeRobot.com (free for 5 minute interval, otherwise something like $5/month) to check the admin page for simple text. The specific mount point text is only displayed when our encoder is connected.

I’ve never had audio go silent on the stream without also being silent further up the air chain so I don’t specifically monitor that.

Derek Murphey, CBRE, CBT

Chief Engineer, Northwestern Media

5606 Medical Circle | Madison, WI 53719 |