RE: early automation [off topic]
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: early automation [off topic]
From: Mike Shane <mshane@salemomaha.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 01:17:29 +0000
Accept-language: en-US

That 903 was quite bulletproof, as I recall.  As long as the tapes were changed (and the heads were cleaned!) it just kept on truckin’.  I had the pleasure of meeting and working briefly with Earl on a Prophet Systems install in 1998.  We spoke at length over lunches of all things Schafer.

There is a piece of Schafer gear still performing daily service at the KCRO transmitter site: a remote base current Ammeter device.

Mike Shane

Salem Media Group Omaha