BSI WaveCart 5.1
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: BSI WaveCart 5.1
From: Andy Larsen <andy@whwl.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 09:54:02 -0500
Is anyone using WaveCart 5.1 on Windows 7? I'm having an issue, and the first round of communication with tech support suggested it was normal behavior, which I find somewhat unbelievable. We did just upgrade Simian and WaveCart to the most recent versions.

When I play a file in WaveCart, it won't release the file. The file will play fine and eject from the deck, as expected. But once it's been played, I can't right click and delete the file from within WaveCart--like we have done for over 15 years with several prior versions of the program, because the file is in use by WaveCart--even though it's not playing or loaded into a deck. I can't right click and delete it from within Simian. I can't edit and re-save the file over the network from another machine. I can't delete the file from Windows Explorer. I can't even edit the title and artist info. Basically, the file can't be modified or deleted until WaveCart is shut down.

Before I contact tech support again, I'm wondering if this is something that others are seeing with this version of WaveCart? I have a hard time believing this is normal and expected behavior, especially since previous versions have never had this issue.

--
Andy Larsen

Manager
WHWL * WEUL * WHWG