Re: Internet Repeater?
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: Internet Repeater?
From: Mark Croom <markc@newmail.kinshipradio.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 15:23:31 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=newmail-kinshipradio-org.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=jztP30TwNLS656xn84c2zHHynIadcf0C5PAH18iiW44=; b=tceb0ggiTAZo8klNCeoAGCbMdX72X8CT+CfH6UHnzlepofSQUiqtzPhLaVkgAUyaKz OJ7EHKSwQp2SfVz3c/YLAznsJJ02IdD/S4dbRFAeWv4lz3QTp/qGShPJEvd1bc8flXTg qoE8fcbsmTsvEgSscaASoJ51/AbdmELkpsYqsvd1urch2YLm8wYJgnR+L2DBmVgC/ntD jjBEobsx/G2crLvWVUVfHa8VWJrPbv259p4W7ySdds+Atkuxh8q7AvqYUCtszPJI3iZj pAEKDsqV2FoKhKB/fRcW+325Bmw9hCTYqe67gsAxkkO2an0Ba2M+GxS1bgz042lWYyma 6rKA==
Another vote for using a private Ubiquity radio link to the spot with line of sight and putting your internet drop there. Should be excellent compared with the current unacceptable situation.

If you haven't worked with a wireless ISP before, just be prepared for some variation in data rates in the shared infrastructure, and for other path-related slowdowns or even dropouts at times. The weak link will be the wireless ISP connection, not your private four mile hop. Even with what in my experience are typical wireless ISP issues, this will be a far better solution than either of the previous ones, if the wireless ISP delivers on their promises better than the DSL provider did.

Big "if", in my experience.

Mark
MN