Re: Fwd: Re: Public File Spreadsheet?
To: crtech@crtech.org
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Public File Spreadsheet?
From: Andy Larsen <andy@whwl.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 13:29:56 -0500

I'm not sure what spreadsheet was available, but I printed out this page right from the FCC. It has specifics about what needs to be in the file, and how long each item needs to be there.

https://publicfiles.fcc.gov/about-station-profiles/

I can't answer for Tom, but in our case, there's very few things that need to be uploaded. Much is already there, and the rest we can't put it there if it doesn't exist.

We don't have program-specific donors. As a non-com, we don't do political advertising. We have only two full-time employees, so no EEO file. And praise God, no complaints to the FCC or ongoing investigations.

My reading of the wording on the local public notices is that they only need to be there while an application is in progress. "Retain for as long as the application to which it refers." The application needs only to be retained "until final action is taken on the application." So if you have no pending applications, it would seem nothing in these categories need be uploaded.

Andy