RE: Translator IDs
To: "'CRTech'" <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Translator IDs
From: "Bill Hurne" <billhurne@pilgrimradio.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 09:30:13 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=pilgrimradio.com; s=default; h=Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-Type: MIME-Version:Message-ID:Date:Subject:In-Reply-To:References:To:From:Sender: Reply-To:Cc:Content-ID:Content-Description:Resent-Date:Resent-From: Resent-Sender:Resent-To:Resent-Cc:Resent-Message-ID:List-Id:List-Help: List-Unsubscribe:List-Subscribe:List-Post:List-Owner:List-Archive; bh=mymjTL71U75CqLJbyBaehW2UO5RqJVZ8FM14+J80n9Y=; b=Djhdkegb7oMQnhLFkdQT6R59LP sg6+ueHXsBl/w/oqQfF8o9bHcEQ9dAKcD4hq/HDFIdJYlh8eFOkFu+p3Gr2We7BszoOeMs4S7CSPq 8bix4c5CSNZIrvNAEaT0HeStgRjOmWtLJkrQCuSTrdkiqVfKa3lKgQ8qiaikY7RYhJRM=;
This assumes you know morse code well enough to verify if the ID is correct
or is the wrong one.   Many times translators in large networks get swapped
around end up sending out the wrong FSK ID.    A true morse decoder would be
better for those who don't understand morse code.

In some models you can verify the ID by looking at a field in the web GUI.
In others the ID is determined by a DIP chip inserted into the unit, these
are harder to verify and keep track of.

Bill