RE: need new or used 1000 watts transmitter
To: 'CRTech' <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: need new or used 1000 watts transmitter
From: nathaniel.steele@icloud.com
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 09:43:23 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=icloud.com; s=04042017; t=1513784607; bh=x8h6OvcOFJ807r8KV+cA+cr5J4MMg/CqTJAyTjccpnM=; h=From:To:Subject:Date:Message-id:MIME-version:Content-type; b=kVPUusPzsAD9ExCZY9k0ZosIFIa83sy8qysuj94SLFV04xrsTB9UemADchbY1VHSD YS2opgw912A9vIeGtX6GzWU25p8sJb1dznlafEO0oo47ttKAUvzX1y3iYv81F1qpi4 0kkoxj2RKajcknfxw7qROrNurjW5K9qRZipFsfNnYSDjTPhxCKWRSX4P0k6HpO06As Q1Zp2pciC9lds9NLas9dvTfAo6P3am0VDv9Eb9dYwiWcuaVFmvaAY+/JUrm9PXZS9O 7h9ukL9uBPasvGpvbNfTI+YPj3lm+jToQzvrOt5iPHYm+5AKFVq16eoJ/yUqh1fpp8 /L1wuA0y6LiVg==

I’ll second everything Kevin Said.

Nothing wrong with the Ecresso TX, except if you need parts and crown doesn’t have them in stock, or has to do research they have to call the guys in france. I had a fuse holder in 1K melt and it took a week to get a new one and then it was wrong (it was for the lower power TX) I had the guy in the field send me pictures of the failed, once he removed it to put in the new one which then didn’t fit, and ordered it from DigiKey (at 1/3 the cost too).

I know you could still get the Crown “Classic” Line of transmitters a year or two ago, not sure if that’s just the 300 and under or they still sell the higher powers too. Never see many used Crowns, Nautels, Or gates air to be honest and there is a reason for that. I know a few ministries that have done OK with the BW transmitters, they’ve worked out some of the kinks in newer revisions.

Best of Luck.