RE: FM Translators
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: FM Translators
From: Mike Shane <mshane@salemomaha.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 23:43:05 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
References: <55D7DD7E-5F93-4418-9FD8-5A5F75C13AC0@gmail.com> <AB51A9A9EC341A479655F592221FE8BD770EC838@mbx028-e1-va-4.exch028.domain.local> <!&!AAAAAAAAAAAYAAAAAAAAADib6sS3YlVGmIoS9/eusAvCgAAAEAAAAK5ZRpgFPVxLiesu5ohNCmMBAAAAAA==@kacs.org> <AB51A9A9EC341A479655F592221FE8BD770ECD8D@mbx028-e1-va-4.exch028.domain.local> <a47aaabd21714b588a6be58bc6af3ee3@wilkinsradio.com> <BN6PR08MB3347D4AF09CE49D91A022316B5080@BN6PR08MB3347.namprd08.prod.outlook.com> <CAPQBvqo0c7Jb4f2i8r1uSt9abQruLbGP=HDsYUuCDYeZJJU3RQ@mail.gmail.com>

Thank you for that input, Mark.  I neglected to include the fact that we run both our translators as mono.  We are laboring under what we think is true, that running in mono will clean up noise level in marginal signal areas.  Have an auxiliary FM that runs in mono and it makes a big difference in the studio air monitor compared to stereo.

Willing to listen to contrary arguments about the mono/stereo thing.  I find it is not without issues on the translators but not so much on the FM Aux.

Mike Shane

Salem Media Group Omaha