RE: BSI Automation upgrades
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: BSI Automation upgrades
From: Mike Shane <mshane@salemomaha.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2017 01:27:32 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Andy,

I think Terry has a program that can do the Unity talking on a separate computer.  Probably can run on an old box you have lying around and leave a little less for Simian to do.  If you can remote into said computer you can remotely query EbN0 readings, which I'm sure you already know.  I found that very helpful on winter weekends to know when it was time to face the elephants and go in to do the dishes.  I did it through WaveStation, however, not a separate program/computer.

Today, I can remote into the box that's running the AmBOS UI and get the EbN0 from that receiver which is looking at the same bird as my, now a fleet of, Unitys which we don't steer anymore.

Also, an aside, I did successfully address a pair of 8X2's with Wavestation using the different address scheme.

Mike Shane
Salem Media Group Omaha