Re: BSI Automation upgrades
To: crtech@crtech.org
Subject: Re: BSI Automation upgrades
From: Andy Larsen <andy@whwl.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 12:09:19 -0500
This would all be Simian. All the settings and baud rate are the same. I've always used Simian to control the receiver, so it keeps the serial port open. The incoming trigger also needs to be seen by Simian.

So would I just by a DB-9 "Y" to split this? Someone also suggested splitting the send and receive on the com port. This might be "safer" since I only need to send to the sat receiver and receive from the BT box. Being able to see the data back from the Unity is sometimes nice (like the RT C command) but not critical.

I did find now that by changing the serial port in Simian to Com3 it does see the incoming triggers. So that's good...except that I still need to control the satellite receiver somehow. It's just easiest to do it from within Simian.

Thanks to everyone for the responses...this is all very helpful!