RE: Feeding serial x2 (WAS:BSI Auto...)
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: RE: Feeding serial x2 (WAS:BSI Auto...)
From: Jesse Diller <jdiller@weec.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 16:24:37 +0000

Going the other way, I have had good success feeding multiple devices from multiple sources using the Perle IOLAN; Now all my ENCO Dad automation machines can control my BT 8.4 switchers. As Willie said, you set the ID for each switcher using the onboard DIP switch; then you can address the correct switcher using the ID in the command string.  It “Just Works.”

As a bonus, there is no extra wiring; the IOLAN has an Ethernet jack, and the computers have a virtual serial port; the commands go over the local LAN.

- Jesse Diller

IT Director, Strong Tower Christian Media
WEEC 100.7FM / WFCJ 93.7FM