Re: BSI Automation upgrades
To: "CRTech" <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: BSI Automation upgrades
From: "Bruce" <bruce@psalmfm.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 09:16:04 -0600
We've done the same thing...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Harder" <dan@am91.org>
To: "CRTech" <crtech@crtech.org>
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2017 8:35 AM
Subject: Re: [CRTech] BSI Automation upgrades

NOTE: Doing it this way is ugly and may not work. I had several people tell me it wouldn’t, but it did in my circumstance. At the time I was using the ENCO Dad (before windows).

I had one serial port to control two serial devices, so tried splitting the serial cable.

Because the syntax of the commands for the different devices was different, one device ignored the commands of the other. I think I had to begin each command with a carriage return to “clean the cobwebs” of any unknown command before sending, and I think the baud was relatively low, but after experimenting and learning it worked without fail for 4-5 years before the station was sold.

Neither serial device “talked back” to the computer. Just listened.

Good luck.