Re: SDRs in broadcast
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: SDRs in broadcast
From: JOHN VAN MILLIGAN <jpvm54@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2017 05:19:12 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=msn.com; s=selector1; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version; bh=p89A0r06Szs6kMg/CiIEN0vDYM/4mF4bkQ4VuqiZzt4=; b=TalFAq5MOuzSLn2F2wXpDd2pPJ9D06U/McGk83usA7ybPsPedvRuw23JdnYvLK6HL1+aM6WRz7Fwes9uRrXPOj/okonNM4DA1nOOzppIFN2yhh26mSG21fYi0DkrXALlihflP4ClkX3TKzBZOCk/EJskr35THrQNYDfkXtm8XtalJmgXpeMUXp6fR/VDzhRvhdCEbTM1XKIg+P2BrmJqsyPfO8830rfmC8BEzaswHQEJqfGEy/hlIcKK7y8DnVPIHMgrcYj3DpNPWgYCQ2Jg/dXh7oF/YBHAh+o/PsOB+h1Ux/IdENdBsWhRnouzL0P4hgADkdmzTDXCbpgZfRuwhg==
We use sdr# at work to monitor our uplink. It lets us see our carrier relative to adjacent ones. We still check with the satellite people for accurate power setting but its a good monitor.
I use SDR Touch on my android. It has rds. It's handy for quick checks. I'll dig out the real spectrum analyzer when I need to.
At home I use gqrx. It has rds too.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Express™, an AT&T LTE smartphone