Re: crtech Digest 30 Nov 2017 00:15:37 -0000 Issue 15081
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: crtech Digest 30 Nov 2017 00:15:37 -0000 Issue 15081
From: Tim Madeira <Tim@wrgn.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 15:26:36 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id :subject:to; bh=255if4WsZfBftL2PEMs+LAzvJg+5ial0spViMNrADzE=; b=FBDzf9EHHpNpAcoWxVIVfcAiHFowVzaFUTa58uZ/wFWvhUWwYbAWqRd6ZLobfCTQHj 1RC4hesVQ1oZI9URr+edEt2776KebKKcYj3izrgIFdF3hH5+8unucsi5OCu2PHWnBey3 fpeQtKDWGJtWkyFcoYOIhJ21k3bCsIZ6NBopSB2tQ0wVPUvrZz/OpHk+Kgg+7SRtAcF9 s476QIIe6oZPu6gHkeJLfhBktgo54I7C4/MfL3J6QBYukesaeNjP1lRFmaOMx0p5sKhf +gRZTNX7x4xRR1pVY5Zs0FQ2CocDyTBK4oP9DGL0FyY0sCxH29GXd2fCcPOIMtJ66Hbs KpfQ==
We had a similar issue with our in house automation system and a new Broadcast Tools 4.1 MLR Switcher. We had successfully used and older BT 4.1, but this one would not respond beyond the flashing light showing communication. We used PUTTY (https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html) and referred to the manual and found there was indeed a syntax change. The old units asked for a "*04" to switch the switcher to port 4, while the newer units wanted a "*004". The purpose of the new digit was to allow several of the units to be used together. Once we figured that out, it meant either a change to the AUTO software or an external solution. We (actually engineer friend Burl!) went with arduino (https://www.arduino.cc/) between the computer and the switcher to "convert" the *04 to *004. Worked like a charm, and will be helping us get our sister station WIVH in the Virgin Isalnds back on the air hopefully within the next week. We have been off the air since Hurricane Maria devastated the island.

Hope this helps!

Tim

Tim Madeira
General Manager