Re: USB Headsets and - Comrex Opal is for simplicity, speed and security.
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: USB Headsets and - Comrex Opal is for simplicity, speed and security.
From: John Stortz <ka4flx@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 02:04:14 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=YvhYFxX/CBGBn2LYZLcjX1nCrKGQx8yRwyrsQJR9M4I=; b=HAm08U8aHqM2tTDysn67pjVxpfEgHV6p3mIBKu3Z2WZ9/gdMl0f/W1WS2M4k/K6pJR f8LbzOGV4Nd1jkKF2NgkYOUCTYLdUc8Aa0D11+btsbk0fwYdzsmaGm/6Y/sEwO0ChVSA iCtkKsJlaXw0rGZrUI1dOqrlnqszJSh68qJOkz5VheimzFISTTS40t24Ihd+Mvm0Y7Yj 1qx7hoBZOPNviP5mpflor4oxnYzfoQ/73gofGPFw3F5Si5yOxj+sQVvZkCfyVqdL/6mf j6HedKkcbECCgPHIWVG6IYiwZG7JkXCVekXWcLPhq5GvCttUr++WOHESKnXL9Vgo4fiC 7few==
Mike,
I have used a UCA202 for several years to digitize old recorded analog audio into my computer. The '202 worked very well until I upgraded my computer from XP to Win-7. The '202 appeared to work under win-7, but I discovered the incoming audio was dual channel MONO, with both L and R audio coming from the R input. The L input was completely ignored.

There is a software patch which can tweak  the system into finding both L & R audio signals [for Win 7], But Windoze updates tend to remove the patch and it must be installed again, aftera any  Windoze update.

John S.

Plow Deep while the sluggards sleep.
*~Franklin~