Re: crtech Digest 22 Nov 2017 18:17:28 -0000 Issue 15071
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: crtech Digest 22 Nov 2017 18:17:28 -0000 Issue 15071
From: Tim Madeira <Tim@wrgn.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 14:15:36 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id :subject:to; bh=Bbk/xQSTIQNMr48WhiEF+8kn9zPHlyDDwX3s+hpHrAE=; b=ZntU8E/UYLurTBHs4r0Pif0xjqnLP6h11x5ZzGso6ZjEaxzXPslfi7cSHY23dkHuUi y5AWLra/kRI19FYfl/frfXIxsGTTeVUpcOML75aIIpkGX3iho3gsM4g13aB1iHabNN0p PyPWi/V6/Yv+73HEEDjvdL3bkThawAjP74WyNlUk7A9L60kOYERZ1hmMKdG8zQwy5liL CSV4OU5bbS1olLilumBlcbsR+PEyy4WMTQmrpEkLlLV0UHBd4ii9ul3vgCtfzV3ctSho B5ig+fANNzvjDiHtLgJmOWWWyGfw7/ZsWF9vU6SnjtzRPCV0XaBwipNOFjF4enZR3gYP bxjQ==
Rich,

A MUCH cheaper route than the Comrex (although I have no experience with the Opal) for regular guests is to use the Yeti USB mic. I used a package deal like this because I was dealing with several sets of guests and only wanted to write one set of instructions.

There are other USB mics out there, just make sure the headphones connect directly to the mic, not the computer to avoid latency issues:

I sent it directly to the guests (it was for a series I engineered) and you can hear a short sample here: http://17biblicalprinciplesofsuccess.org/rick-a-whitted/

The first voice you hear is mine, in the local studio in Pennsylvania, the second, Rick's is coming to me through the internet from Florida, while I was also recording the other two guests simultaneously, one in Arizona and the other in Ohio and the program host in Arkansas. You would be hard pressed to know that Rick (or any of the others for that matter) was not in the studio with me!

The Chrome based website it passes through is called Source Connect Now https://now.source-elements.com/#!/  which is FREE.  I can send you the instruction sheet I used if you would like. I have found about 10 mbps down and 5mbps up seems to cover the bandwidth needed, and I have also done it from a hotspot on my phone.

I have also used Google Hangouts with some success, but not the same quality as the methods above because of some of the reasons you mentioned (mic, cell phone quality, etc.) You can hear some of those here. https://soundcloud.com/wake-up-right

Any questions, feel free to call!

Tim

Tim Madeira
General Manager

2457 SR 118
Hunlock Creek, PA 18621
570-477-3688

www.wrgn.com

crtech Digest 22 Nov 2017 18:17:28 -0000 Issue 15071

Topics (messages 84907 through 84908):

Re: USB Headsets and Comrex Opal
        84907 by: Mark Murdock
        84908 by: Stu Engelke Lists