Re: USB Headsets and Comrex Opal
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: USB Headsets and Comrex Opal
From: Stu Engelke Lists <audiotoantenna@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 09:06:20 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=1Ri6C1L9NUzmfJaa1ajqIy6+INRjcRQ0Sw3RmPuGlP4=; b=qlkxmexxxsh0xC9A4oJkgOU2H4e0ED+WysBj1qO86JECZ8qMd0Rn2oSOi11XvRooXw bWlPvHr4Pbm31H8HJmmElHXtD4Pt7Y3LdFnZ+d3BBaEHrnDwiYXQbM2rfB6Mm1ZvLEvZ kanT+ff3Lka2L4cK0ODIV4ca5AE/tN2rMiK7r3njk+Am5/uXztCt1X0G4EPbxbBKj7cF op82Vfi86Sf1EFocvU6gyaEgZYeWmFOomD71GqC+yVffmDq6E6VDSDB8wFr026E5ewlk q+rE8MW2gP1DeRpmDa8FyYvGWcy1mtb1VgfYmXnDlCKVWFyEzC5UHcXxqglwYO3x5MeV XioA==
I'm looking for a good headset MIC (or pro mic adapter) that works first try everytime and has good audio quality.
I've tried the Shure Mvi and it does not always work both ways, not hearing what is sent from the far end.
I've tried sescom adapter cables and have given up on them on phones with the TRS to lightning adapters.

I've tried expensive Bluetooth headsets. They work both ways but the mic quality is usually set for something other than broadcasting (gaming?).

Please share experiences.
Stu