RE: technical issues.
To: "'David VanWyk'" <vanwykdk@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: technical issues.
From: "Thomas Cottle" <Tom@Faithradio.us>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 11:10:15 -0500
Cc: "'CRTech'" <crtech@crtech.org>

David,

I download the files from the ftp://ftp.srnprograms.com/shows/gaither/Non-Commerical

The files for this weekend were digitally distorted.  I renamed the files after downloading before converting to wave and dropping them into our DAD automation software.  After asking other technicians via CRtech@CRTech.org, most reported similar issues.  Some said they downloaded fine but of those that listened to the audio they noted that it skipped, popped, and was distorted.  One person mentioned that they had a similar issue of a file saying it was 13 minutes long but when they opened and tried to listen to the file it was only about 1 and a half minutes of the audio.  I will download the material from your site as the SRN ftp has not updated the files since the 14th

Thank you for your response and saving our listeners ears.  We air Homecoming Radio program on Sunday mornings at 7 am and many of our listeners really enjoy and count on it.  If I was not able to get a good quality sound I was going to re-air an old one from a few months ago, I try to keep one or two file programs available for just such an incident.

Thank you again for your response.

Tom Cottle

Operations Director

Faith Radio Network, WFRF