Re: arrakis 12k series issues
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Re: arrakis 12k series issues
From: Mark Croom <markc@newmail.kinshipradio.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 14:43:35 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=newmail-kinshipradio-org.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=/4L18i8XZQCUCrHBkJjLmc1ulpmz0RP1bQrld7k0Jvo=; b=jiKIPDlBd8IMm97B6wEChUOrRyMsZ/qdFbfM3KfLZJPLg+HhojSOSSafS9rmEu2qei qkvEXcr7E+vsSF69TTXWt6FOZGVXBqdTbrbl/CaYEqW4jDH8HQJ1USkt4T1sz8OQ/M6C JeEvayedD0sRXgotYMDAdyBv1AwEliPiOSukDfTMQqe559h9+7dN09Rym3d3PjjFqDY7 MT9edtoQ+sLwl3VLVTJPAJwIfPGzEvCVgIK2aFZjPn6F/HC0qNVmKJ2Ytwq4SGGShj+m FlIxCo6rI4iL0eB5Zyz53+kRpPYBeTHs49207w2HaxSCjzTCm0TlXbuaamUCc11+zHKB hL7Q==
Hi Ron,

Interesting but not surprising result. Hopefully everything will keep working hunky dory for you.

On the early Winter -- where I work, across South Dakota, southern Minnesota, and Iowa, we haven't really had much of that wintry stuff yet. But Autumn has been unusually wet and cool. Very little of any warm weather after Labor Day this year which is very unusual. Often we can be doing last-minute painting projects early in November. Not this year.

I already can't wait for Spring and Winter hasn't really arrived yet.

I'm in Pierre, South Dakota right now working with an antenna consultant trying to optimize our two-frequency Shively antenna. Yesterday was actually warm, near fifty degrees, but the wind was 25mph steady on the ground. The guys soldiered on though and got some work done. Today it's cold but relatively still, and it was unexpectedly damp this morning. Tower guys are slugging the antenna while the consultant (Mike Flood out of Wisconsin) directs them to move, add, and remove slug material to try to bring this thing back in. I'm watching over his shoulder occasionally wondering whether anybody really understands this stuff.

And so it goes, another day in the life of a field tech in broadcasting.

Mark
MN