Comrex Access Portable 2USB External Antenna
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>
Subject: Comrex Access Portable 2USB External Antenna
From: Jon Foreman <Jon@ksgn.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 17:08:58 +0000

We have been rather pleased with our 2USB for remote broadcasts, but as with any mobile technology, there are locations where the signal is not a strong enough to keep a good audio path.

We are using the Comrex Connect Modem on Verizon. I’m considering connecting an external yagi antenna (https://www.cellularsolutions.com/product/SC-230W.html) . I called Comrex to see what advice they may have. The tech I talked with had never had the topic  come up of using an external antenna.

I know in theory it should help, but it will make setups a bit more complicated as they will need to figure out what direction to point the antenna. Where is that tower? How’s the signal strength meter?

Your input is appreciated.

Jon Foreman
Chief Engineer/IT Manager
jon@ksgn.com
909-583-2136

Office: 909-583-2150
Fax: 909-583-2170

Follow-Ups: Re: Comrex Access Portable 2USB External Antenna
(Sherrod Munday <smunday@ieee.org>, 2 Nov 2017 16:58:05 -0000)