Re: Puerto Rico radio stations
To: CRTech <crtech@crtech.org>, Dalan Decker <programming@therockradio.org>
Subject: Re: Puerto Rico radio stations
From: dave allen <crtech-mail@reyware.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 09:57:27 -0600
wow. let me translate some bits of the article...

- losses are in instrastructure and income, over $20M
- the 46% of stns on the air are on diesel generators, costing more than twice the regular electricity. - RADIO GETS THERE FIRST. slogan from the 80s when radio was competing with TV, but all the more true now. "the radio stations are the beacons of communication and information for the region. Is where i work open? where are the medical facilities? there is no internet or phones, so knowing these things gives peace (lit. tranquility). the radio stations transformed themselves into sources of light, of caring, of working together. - they expect electricity by dec 15 (good grief) and a politician speaking, so don't even believe it.

su servidor,
dave allen